We need a new mechanism that can distinguish users using online accounts seamlessly. No more hardware assets that can be lost, no more difficult passwords, no more poor user experience.
Biometrics solutions based on fingerprints, iris or face recognition uses physiological modalities that are given for life. This means that if someone has your biometric data – they can reuse them to spoof your identity.
- Easy to remember
- Someone can look over your shoulder to copy it
- Sometimes it is easy to guess or brute force
- Sometimes it is easy to read PIN based on smudges on the screen
- Widely adopted
- Does not work if your fingertips are wet
- Can be copied and spoofed i.e. by photo
- Sensors rarely check if you are alive
- Someone can force you to use it
- Hands free
- Uses vitals of a user
- Discriminates based on the skin tone and sex
- Does not work in bright light and without proper illumination of face
- Vulnerable to “Evil Twin” attack
- It is possible to create a mask cloning user features based on a photo..
- Hands free
- More difficult to spoof than photography
- Does not work in bright light or without proper illumination
- If your iris data is acquired you cannot change it (unless you use special contact lens)
How Digital Fingerprints is different and resolves those problems
Behavioural characteristic naturally changes over time which renders it difficult to copy. Digital Fingerprints is based on human computer interaction. It follows the changes in the way user interacts with devices. It does not require any additional hardware or weather conditions. Just being yourself is enough to stay protected.
Acquire Human Computer Interaciton
We build mathematical models based on the information acquired by interaction of human with computers. We look at the way you use keyboard, mouse, touchpad and other devices. We do not want to know what you do. Privacy of your data is our top priority.
Digital Fingerprints works only for specific services. We start protection before the moment of logging in to the account until the end of the session. With that approach if someone will take control over your computer or session – we can still protect you.
Going into passwordless future
Using passwords is a method that is deprecated nowadays. Further evolution of behavioural biometrics increases the quality of models that end up in the passwordless systems. Just based on the behavioural biometrics. According to Gartner before 2022 Behavioural biometrics will replace passwords.